anWHAT IS UCOPA ACCREDITATION?
BENEFITS TO CENTERVILLE CITY
- Increase agency effectiveness and efficiency in the delivery of law enforcement services.
- Increase cooperation with other law enforcement agencies.
- Increase employee and citizen confidence in the goals, objectives, policies and practices of the accredited agencies.
- Reduce liability to the municipality by requiring an up-to-date policy manual reflecting the best professional practices in law enforcement.
- Hold the agency accountable by regular onsite inspections and review.
Benefits to Citizens
Accreditation demonstrates the commitment of the agency to professionalism in the law enforcement field.
- Accreditation assures the community that its law enforcement agency is committed to the provision of services of the highest quality, and that its policies and procedures are effective, responsive, and up to date.
- Accreditation commits the agency to a broad range of programs of direct benefit to the public (e.g., community crime prevention) as well as policies and procedures to cope with man-made or natural disasters.
- Accreditation promotes community cooperation and understanding.
THE UCOPA REVIEW PROCESS